Pre Endodontic Micro Surgery
There are a few simple instructions you should follow prior to your surgical visit:
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing for the procedure.
- Plan to take it easy for 24 hours after the surgery. We do not expect you to have much discomfort but want to allow the area to heal without being disturbed for this period.
- Moderate exertion is not recommended.
- Do not take any aspirin products for 5 days before the procedure. Anti-inflammatories such as Advil, Aleve, etc., should be discontinued 24 hours prior to surgery unless instructed otherwise.
- If you were given prescriptions ahead of time, have these filled prior to your appointment.
- You will probably be given a long-acting anesthetic for the procedure that may last 6 or more hours. You should eat a nutritious, moderate meal ahead of time but not a heavy, full meal. You will be asked to be on a liquid diet for 24 hours after the procedure and soft foods for a few days after that.
- A biopsy may be performed if there is any bone or tissue that appears questionable. This tissue will be removed and sent to a pathology lab to be tested and the lab costs will be the patient’s responsibility.